The Rollerblade Commute

Recently circumstances led us to become a 1 car family, and I wanted to use the opportunity to commute to work by bike; our overall schedule will only allow this twice a week, but still, better than nothing.

It was Friday the 13th, and I found a flat tire on my morning ride. My attempts to patch it didn't really take. And without my own car to run errands, I still haven't replaced the inner tube. No problem, I found another way to keep my commute active.

Inline skating! a.k.a. Rollerblading. I've always wanted to do more of this, especially once triathlon season is over to start to get in shape for cross-country skiing.  It's been fun, and I'm lucky that my way home is more downhill than my way to work, so that getting home is less of a slog.

Here's a few tips I've picked it up if you want to try inline skating to work.


Rollerblading to work has been a great way to cross-train.  It's a moderate workout, yet I know I'm working my glutes and a lot of lateral muscles in my legs that might get short shrift during running and biking.  Have you ever used inline skates or another non-conventional way to commute?




Labels: , , ,